Stay Safe in the Water This Summer!
Stay Safe in Your Home Pool This Summer!
It’s that time of year! Texans love to beat the summer heat in the water. Whether you’re taking a dip in your home pool, splashing at the local water park or cruising on the lake, follow these steps stay as safe as possible.
- Never leave children unattended. Practice “reach supervision” and stay within arm’s reach of your child at all times.
- Use Coast Guard-approved personal flotation devices for children who cannot swim, although these devices cannot take the place of adult supervision.
- Always swim with a buddy.
- Watch children for the dangerous “too’s” – too tired, too cold, too far from safety, too much sun and too much activity.
- Never mix alcohol with swimming.
- Put in a fence around your home pool, or make sure your existing fence is sturdy and the latch is working on the self-closing gate.
- Know how to use basic lifesaving equipment, and keep a phone nearby.
- Younger children are in possible danger around the shallowest of water, so empty pails, buckets and kiddie pools immediately after use.
Teaching children to swim can reduce the risk of drowning. Contact your local Red Cross chapter to find locations for swimming lessons in your area.
Source: American Red Cross
The Minteer Team has a passion for delivering top quality service and helping clients find their dream home. We’ve been helping clients for over thirty years! Is someone you know wanting to sell their home? Or maybe you are finally ready to buy? Give us a call! Our highly qualified agents are waiting to help!