Top 5 Reasons to Move to Keller, Texas in 2022!
1. ENTERTAINMENT AND FAMILY FUN
- Tornado Terry’s Family Amusement Center is the go-to place in Keller to play arcade games! This family-owned business has been operating for over 20 years and is also a great spot to host big parties and events like birthdays. It carries both new and vintage games like Galaxian, PAC-Man, Centipede, Star Wars, and more! The best part about this place is that no tokens are required! It offers play-all-you-can deals for under $15, so you definitely get a bang for your buck!
- Recently voted “Best Fitness Facility” by the city’s residents, The Keller Pointe offers over 92,000 square feet of aquatic and fitness space. Some of the facilities available include indoor and outdoor pools, 3 water slides, aquatic play features, a splash pad, lap swimming, cardio and strength equipment, an indoor track, and rental rooms. They also offer half-day and full-day summer camps, martial arts, dance lessons, swim lessons, adult and youth sports leagues, and much more!
- Want to experience the best movie experience around town? The Moviehouse & Eatery is a modern movie theater offering eight dine-in theaters with plush and comfortable recliners, plus a lobby bar and lounge that offers restaurant-quality food. They provide the ultimate movie experience by promoting comfort and service one button push away!
2. COMMUNITY AND EDUCATION
- In most places, it’s quite hard to find freshly-produced goods, but Keller is an exception! Keller Farmers Market is a seasonal market located by the creek at Bear Creek Park that offers fresh Texas products such as bread, baked goods, and meats all from the state of Texas! It runs from May through October every Saturday from 8 am to noon. The market’s mission is to improve the lives of the community by ensuring that healthy, locally grown food is always available, providing consistent wellness education, and promoting social gathering programs that also generate income and support for local farmers, food producers, and artisans.
- The city of Keller also boasts an excellent school system. The highly rated Keller Independent School District is one of the fastest-growing school districts in the state. It runs two National Blue Ribbon Schools of Excellence and 26 TEA Exemplary and Recognized schools in the city. Adult students have their pick of several quality universities within easy driving distance of Keller, including Tarrant County College District, Texas Wesleyan University, and Dallas College North Lake Campus. The University of Texas at Arlington is also just 16 miles away.
3. LOCATION AND NEIGHBORHOOD
- Nestled comfortably in the heart of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, Keller is a rapidly growing city that is consistently ranked one of the nation’s top towns and was named a “Best City” by Money magazine in 2007, 2009, and 2011. Located just 30 minutes away from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, the city combines amenities and conveniences from big cities with small-town roots and a focus on the quality of life. The best months in Keller are October, April, and May.
- Keller is also considered a family-friendly suburban city and has a variety of great communities to select from. There is a community in Keller for every personality and price range, whether you’re looking for a charming home in established neighborhoods or luxurious new construction options in gated enclaves. To view the best neighborhoods in Keller, click here.
4. PARKS AND OPEN SPACES
- 336 acres of developed parkland are scattered across 11 sites in the City of Keller. There is plenty of room to hike and bike! The Big Bear Creek Greenbelt, which is around 5.4 miles long, has one of the largest trails. Along the Big Bear Creek corridor, it bisects the city and passes through parks and open spaces. Parks are open daily from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- One of the most prominent parks in the city Is the Keller Sports Park. It features seven lighted baseball fields, two lighted football fields, four lighted fast-pitch softball fields, five regulation soccer fields, two youth soccer fields, two playgrounds, and two sand volleyball courts that serve as the perfect venue to play sports. The park also includes a one-mile, hike-and-bike trail, equestrian trails, a wildflower meadow, and fishing pier and pond.
- There’s also a spot for our furry friends! K-9 Pointe Dog Park is the first and only dog park in the city, which opened in 2016. It is open to large and small dogs and features a shade pavilion, water fountains, and a variety of exercise equipment. K-9 Pointe Dog Park also hosts a special event called Yappy Hour. This free event encourages fur parents to bring and play with their dogs while enjoying free samples of local beer and wine. It is held from March through September every Friday from 5:30 to 7 pm.
- The Parks at Town Center offers a sanctuary of butterfly gardens and wildflower meadows that is perfect for peaceful walks or cycling.
- What makes Keller great is the community events. The annual Keller Lights is a spectacular event celebrating American independence every July 3rd. It features a hotdog-eating contest, live music, and the much-awaited 15-minute fireworks show!
- Another exciting event in the city is the Keller Crawfish Krawl Car Show. Described as the “best event of the year,” visitors can get a taste of delicious crawfish while enjoying live music. The street is filled with vendors, food, and beer. The best part is that it’s free admission, free parking, and a free tent!
The Minteer Real Estate Team has a passion for delivering top quality service and helping clients find their dream home. Is someone you know wanting to sell their home? Or maybe you are finally ready to buy? Contact us at 817-796-9172 or firstname.lastname@example.org TODAY. Our highly qualified agents are waiting to help! We’ve been helping clients for over thirty years!