Selling Your Home in the Spring?
Every spring, the real estate market starts to get busy. So, if you are looking to sell your home this spring we have some great ideas to get your home ready.
- Keep landscaping well manicured, keep grass cut, and remove any weeds that survived the winter. Another great tip is to put a fresh layer of mulch in the flowerbeds to increase the curb appeal.
- Remove all yard clutter and unnecessary items. Make sure garden hoses are out of the way and unseen.
- Apply fresh stain or paint to wooden fences and decks.
- Sweep, power wash the front porch, and add a new doormat.
- Add freshly planted flowers to gardens.
- Wash all interior and exterior windows.
- Clean gutters and downspouts and ensure all downspouts are securely attached.
- Ensure that the keys and locks on all doors operate smoothly and properly.
- Remove excessive wall art, furniture, and personal items.
- Clean, touch up, and/or paint walls and ceilings.
- Deep clean carpets and hard surface flooring.
- Clean and organize cabinets and closets.
- Consider a temporary storage unit for unneeded items.
- Repair all plumbing leaks, including faucets and drain traps.
- Clean all light fixtures and ceiling fans.
- Consider purchasing fresh covers, pillow covers, and decorative pillows for beds.
- Buy fresh decorative towels for the kitchen and bathrooms.
- Place fragrant soaps in bathrooms.
What is your home worth?
If you are curious about what your home is currently worth in today’s market, contact us for a complimentary comparative market analysis of your home.