Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD: a Top Performer
Spotlight On: Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD
There are 1,025 school districts in Texas! Serving the towns of Hurst, Euless and Bedford, HEB ISD was one of 24 districts statewide to earn the Postsecondary Readiness Distinction. Everyday, students are learning on campuses that have earned at least two distinctions as well as many other accolades. Additionally, there is some more information about this school district that has a vested interest in enhancing the education of their students in Hurst, Euless and Bedford.
- Elementary Schools – 20 schools (grades K-6)
State based pre-kindergarten offered at 14 campuses. Semester system with 6-week grading periods.
- Junior High Schools – 5 schools (grades 7-9)
Semester system also with a 6-week grading periods.
- High Schools – 2 (grades 10-12)
Trimester systems with 6-week grading periods.
- Non-traditional campuses – 3 schools
Alternative High School
- KEYS High School
- Buinger Career and Technical Education Academy
- Transition Center
Furthermore, HEB ISD offers a Schools of Choice program that are different by design. Choice provides academic advantages starting in elementary school. Secondary school and beyond also has academic advantages that grow upon the strong base. Choices range from Suzuki Strings in elementary school to International Baccalaureate in high school. Students have opportunities to experience world languages as well as study abroad at international partner schools. Each program also has its own set of requirements and its own academic path to completion. Parents love the additional freedom to decide which path is right for their child.
UNIQUE HEB ISD PROGRAMS AND OFFERINGS
- Core Knowledge Pre-K – Tuition-based educational program located at Hurst Hills, Meadow Creek, Spring Garden and Viridian elementary schools.
- K-12 Strings Program – Suzuki Strings offered on select elementary campuses (grades K-6). Orchestra offered at Central Junior High as well as L.D. Bell High School.
- Spanish Language Immersion – Offered at Bedford Heights, Meadow Creek and Viridian beginning in the first grade.
- Elementary World Languages – Arabic, Hindi and Mandarin offered at Viridian beginning in first grade.
- International Business Initiative – Arabic, Hindi, Mandarin offered at Central Junior High beginning in seventh grade.
- International Baccalaureate – A world-class education offered at both L.D. Bell and Trinity high schools.
- Career and Technical Education – career as well as technical education offered at the Gene A. Buinger Career and Technical Education Acadey.
DISTRICT AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Best Communities for Music Education – Inclusion in this national list for nine years in a row.
- #1 District in Texas for Academic Performance as well as Financial Efficiency as rated by the Education Resource Group.
- Also ranked in the Top 20 Best Public School Districts in Texas by Niche.com.
- One of only 24 districts in Texas to earn Post Secondary Readiness Distinction.
All HEB ISD campuses earned at least two distinctions. River Trails, Shady Oaks, Viridian as well as West Hurst Elementary School made a clean sweep by earning all possible distinctions!
- 2015 National Merit Semifinalists: 6
- Average SAT score for 2015: 1487
- 2015 National Hispanic Scholars: 6
- 2015 National Merit Commended: 32
- Average ACT score for 2015: 172
- 2015 International Baccalaureate graduates: 172
- 2015 scholarship offers: $16.6 million
- 2014-15 graduation rate: 95.2%
- FIRST rating: Superior Achievement 13 years in a row
- AASBO Certificate of Excellence in Financial Reporting Award for 13 years in a row
- GFOA Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting 13 years in a row
- S&P + Fitch underlying as well as unenhanced credit rating: AA+ (very strong)
- Finally, enhanced credit rating: AAA (PSF Guarantee)
(Source: HEB ISD)
The Minteer Team has a passion for delivering top quality service and helping clients find their dream home. We’ve also been helping clients for over thirty years! Is someone you know wanting to sell their home? Or maybe you are finally ready to buy? Give us a call! Our highly qualified agents are waiting to help!