Sun Safety Tips for the Summer | Minteer Real Estate Team
Stay Safe in the Sun this Summer
Summer is a great time of year with vacations, picnics, swimming, bike riding and other sports. With all that fun, it’s easy to forget about safety. Although the sun is bright, warm and comforting, it is also damaging. Too much exposure can cause heat exhaustion or heat stroke, eye damage or cataracts and skin cancer.
Remember some simple tips to protect yourself this summer:
- The sun is strongest between 10 am – 4 pm. Spend less time outside during these hours.
- Wear lip balm to protect your lips.
- Use sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher and one that blocks both UVA and UVB rays. Cover all exposed areas!
- Wear a hat to protect your head and face.
- Stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Drink before you feel thirsty!
- Wear sunglasses that block UV rays.
- Wear light, loose-fitting clothes.
- Take breaks in the shade to cool your body temperature.
Remember, these are only tips. Please consult a medical professional with specific questions about sun safety. Be safe and have fun this summer!
By: Ann McLaughlin, Minteer Real Estate Team Listing Manager
The Minteer Team has a passion for delivering top quality service and helping clients find their dream home. We’ve been helping clients for over thirty years! Is someone you know wanting to sell their home? Or maybe you are finally ready to buy? Give us a call! Our highly qualified agents are waiting to help!