How to Give Back This Holiday Season
Tis the season of giving thanks for what you have and giving back to those in your community. Curious how you can do the latter? Here’s a look at some ways to give back this holiday season:
- Build Thanksgiving Baskets
- Locate an organization in your community building Thanksgiving baskets with all the items necessary for the perfect Thanksgiving meal (cranberry sauce, green beans, stuffing, etc)
- Cook for a Shelter
- Contact a local shelter and offer to cook the main course or side dish. All you have to do is cook the hot meal and drop it off! This is great if you don’t have the time to serve the meal.
- Donate Blood
- Blood banks are always in need of donations. Grab your friends and head to your local blood bank – it’s incredibly rewarding.
- Give to the Elderly
- Head to a local nursing home and spend some time with the elderly. These individuals can be very lonely during the holidays and a visit can really cheer them up!
- Invite Someone Over
- Do you know someone who doesn’t have any family in the area? Consider inviting them over for Thanksgiving dinner!
Click here for additional ways to give back!