Thinking of Buying New Construction? Top Six Reasons to Work with a Realtor
Deciding to buy a new house comes with many considerations, such as what neighborhood and community you want to live in. Then you must determine if you’re going to buy an established home or build a new one.
If you choose the latter, you may think you don’t need the help of a local, trusted realtor. But the truth is, without one, you could come across a few issues.
Here are six reasons you will want a realtor when buying new construction.
Six Reasons to Work with a Realtor During New Construction
- A buyer’s agent is free to you. Your agent is paid for by the home builder and the home purchase price won’t cost any more if you use an agent.
- A real estate partner will ensure your interests are protected. An onsite rep works for and represents the builder. A builder will also use their contract.
- An experienced realtor will help you review the paperwork before signing any contracts, knows what questions to ask to avoid surprises and the know-how to negotiate with the builder.
- With a real estate professional, you will have the benefit of having an expert to guide you through the pre-construction meeting and a pre-walk through meeting. Then a final walk through after construction is completed before closing.
- Your realtor will also be able to share tips for smart upgrades and plan modifications for the best ROI.
- Partnering with a knowledgeable realtor can keep things smooth and simple. Plus, if things get off track, your realtor knows the proper channels to go through to get things back where they should be.
If you are thinking of buying new construction, please give us a call today. We are happy to help!